Sojourn - Thoughts From The Band

Blog for postings from the Grand Rapids, Michigan based band Sojourn. Includes musings and thoughts from band members, reports on concerts, and whatever floats through our minds.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

No Pain - No Gain

I was thinking about pain as I rode my bike home yesterday.

Pain was shooting out of my hips, and it hurt to take deep breaths. Much better today. It was a flairup of Fibromyalgia.

I had to preach to myself the same thing that I had preached to others. The times that I am in pain will seem quite minor when I am with God in eternity. The Bible refers to pain and suffering as "light and momentary affliction".

Can you remember things that happened to you when you were 3 years old? I think when we are in Heaven with God, our memories of our time in the here-and-now will be dim memories like a 25 year old remember things that happened to him when he was 3.

Even great suffering will be only faintly remembered when we are freed and enjoying eternity.

For the first time, the Lord helped me stay out of the pity pit, and instead I struggled to have that eternal view. I didn't quite get that eternal perspective, but I experienced my trust in god growing.

I don't know why he let me get a chronic pain disorder, but I do know that God always does what is right, everything He does is good, and He knows all.

Me, the three year old, still doesn't get it, but I do trust Him. I'll get my teeth and look forward to eternity with anticipation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home