Sojourn - Thoughts From The Band

Blog for postings from the Grand Rapids, Michigan based band Sojourn. Includes musings and thoughts from band members, reports on concerts, and whatever floats through our minds.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Mystical Experiences - Mushrooms Not Required


The Associated Press reports that participants in a John Hopkins study of hallucinogenic mushrooms related mystical, spiritual feelings. Some reported a deeper sense of compassion, love, and a deeper spirituality even two months after the study.

Oh well, to bad they aren't willing to try a study of people truly engaging in a relationship with Jesus Christ. Such a relationship produces compassion, love, and a deeper spirituality in ample supply for as long as you live (which is forever).

That's all I have to say to that.

Short but snide maybe, but as I sat here reading it and thought, the study participants were so amazed. Many thought it was the most significant event of their lives. As I grow older and my relationship with Christ deepens, I sense changes in myself that are permanent and significant. My connection with Jesus grows deeper and sweeter nearly each day. It is the most significant part of my life.

No mushrooms required.

Want to know more? Check out the 1-888-NEEDHIM.org website.

Adam www.sojournband.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home