Sojourn - Thoughts From The Band

Blog for postings from the Grand Rapids, Michigan based band Sojourn. Includes musings and thoughts from band members, reports on concerts, and whatever floats through our minds.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Going Deeper

There are times when everything is going well and I feel like I'm in a pit. My job couldn't be better (other than I might get laid off), and things are generally o.k.

It's at times like this that I want to run away, I want God to make everything all better. Instead, God answers with silence. I am forced to trust and practice what I say that I believe.

I believe that God is all power and always good. I also believe that He is all knowing.

That means He knows I feel this way, and continues to allow it for His purposes. Now I'm put to the test: Do I really believe this stuff? Do I trust God even when He allows me to feel this retched?

In the Bible, Romans 8:28 it talks about all things (even the bad stuff) working out for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purposes.

There are times when I don't sleep well, and I feel emotionally drained. I want for God to make it all better, and typically He does not. This time around, I'm doing a little better at gritting my teeth and riding it out. I'm already on some kind of medication and more is not always better. I'm learning that depression, pain, or disappointment do not define me. Instead, my relationship with God, and how I react to trials defines who I really am.

It's a tough lesson to learn. I'm learning it little by little. It's a lesson I need.

Ultimately, I can look back over the last five, ten, and fifteen years and see the emotional/spiritual growth. It has been through God presenting me with disappointment and emotional trials that has strengthened me as a man. These times never are pleasant, but when I look back on them I know I'll see how far I've come.

Drop me a note or visit Sojourn on-line

Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home