Sojourn - Thoughts From The Band

Blog for postings from the Grand Rapids, Michigan based band Sojourn. Includes musings and thoughts from band members, reports on concerts, and whatever floats through our minds.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Ice Ice Baby

Today is the day honoring Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. So, my employer is closed and I get a day off with pay. The children still were to have school.

The alarm went off and I turned on the radio. My wife and I will often lay in bed and listen to the half hour news cast on NPR. That means I fall in and out of sleep and miss most of it. My wife said, school is closed because of ice. Suddenly I was awake as I saw flashes outside my window.

Venturing downstairs to the front door and stepped in the morning chill. The branches on every bush and tree creaked in the gentle wind like the bones of a 95 year old man.

If that gentle wind becomes any stronger the wheight of the ice could start breaking off those branches, and the power lines strung outside our house.

This happened once before, during an early October ice storm. Then the ice added wheight to both the branches and all the leaves that were still on the trees. Branches were down everywhere, and so where power lines.

Right now everything is covered with an eighth to quarter inch of ice.

Curious what happens next.

Later

Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home